The “get these fucking prints out of my sight” giveaway
- So, I have an Epson Stylus Photo R3000 printer
- I use it for the high-quality 13”x19” Limited Ed. prints in my official shop but recently it has been out to make my head explode by casually putting a random ink splotch on otherwise perfect prints
- I am seething with rage!!!!! because it only happens randomly so I don’t know what’s wrong and also I use very expensive paper and ink SO EACH TINY SPLATTER costs me a fuckload
- I don’t want to throw out the prints because they look fine otherwise but I also can’t look at them any longer cause THEY ARE FAILURES AND MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!!
- People who follow me on Twitter can attest to my total meltdown and tantrum because of this
- They’ve suggested that I sell them as discounted Artist’s Proofs or something but INSTEAD I am going to do a giveaway
- Next Saturday, March 16th, I will pick one or two
loserswinners to receive these prints free of charge. They normally cost $80-$95, and I don’t sell some of these pieces anywhere else, so I figure if anyone wants ‘em and doesn’t mind the imperfections…
- The prints are 13”x19” and will be signed and dated and marked “PROOF.” I’ll ship anywhere.
- I don’t fucking care how many times you reblog
- But try and reblog at least once because the goal is that maybe someone who sees this post is a Printer Whisperer and can tell me why the fuck my printer is being such a douchebag
- I don’t fucking care if you’re following me
- Get these fuckiNG FAILURES out of my sight!!!!11
This is a picture from the top of my dresser, where i throw my stuff once i come into my room. Any deductions?
Hello, young lady. (I’m insulting your intelligence to say how I came to that conclusion.)
If I were to speculate, I would say you are American, between the brand of drink and the baseball (which are at least in England not very popular.)
Judging from the decor and variation of objects, I would say you are between 13-15.
The camera is in an easily accessible place, likely frequently used: a “semi-professional” photographer maybe? Knowing the most popular form of photograph editing, you probably use instagram as it seems to be lifeblood of many on tumblr.
Add where I have lapsed.
Just a try :)
You’re a high school student who loves pink and value personal appearance and what other people say to you but also a hygienic type. You’re also a sentimental person who loves to write journals. You’re also a thrifty person, yet one who go to parties, and, probably, an achiever.
The things found on the picture (especially the butterfly thingy) and its arrangement plus the calculator and its color suggest you are a high school student. the edges of the make-up box found on the bottom right side of the picture are not shiny which suggests you use it always whenever you go out of your house(i.e., go to school). Putting make-up tells you are conscious on how you would look like on other person. The necklace, the butterfly thing, and the nail polish are only used for party purposes as the necklace and the butterfly thing are still shiny and the nail polish seems not used. The towel and toothpicks suggest you are hygienic.
You have three notebooks and we can safely say they are journals or diaries judging from the word “journal” found on one notebook and the design of the other two notebooks. You also have a mug with a child’s drawing. We can presume that that is your drawing when you were a child and you kept this mug because it has a sentimental value, thus, you’re a sentimental person.
And I said you’re probably an achiever because of the plaque found on the upper-left part of the picture, behind the nail polish. And there are a number of things in the picture which are in pink, thus, you like pink.
Neil Gaiman gives better advice to artists than anyone has ever given.
My favorite part is where he says that every time he’s done a project “just for the money,” it’s backfired. To paraphrase: if you do something just for the money and it doesn’t work out, you’re left with nothing. If you do work you want to do, if the money doesn’t come at least you’re left with the work.